Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Grateful

So last night was my tired, emotional, my life sucks post.

This morning, I wanted to say what I was thankful for.

The sunrise was amazing today.
I have a great husband.
I have 5 healthy kids & our first granddaughter due in January. But
wait, IE, didn't you say you just turned 34? Yes, it's true, but it's
my 19 year old bonus daughter that came with my husband who is pregnant.
I have a job which isn't subject to layoffs. We all need to breathe.
Yesterday at work, I went to a disasterous csection. Baby's 1st apgar
was 2. After a few minutes of bagging & stimulating, the baby turned
it around & decided he wanted to live & looks great. Whew!!

And the best news today, my doggie looks pretty good. Actually, she
looks pretty funny. A german shepherd mix who's fluffy winter coat is
half shaved with sutures everywhere. Vet says she will be just fine.
She just gets to be babied for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack. An APGAR of 2?

That's good that things are generally going better though.

MOJITOGIRL said...

We all have days like that. Weeks like that. You have to count your blessings, you see?