Ok, but what if they are hyperemetic and they are really, really sick and scared? What else is the patient supposed to do? When the puking results in blood- yeah, I know, it's just tears in the stomach lining, but they don't know that. Be nice to the poor hyperemtic mamas. I used to be one of them.
- "clubbing" no longer refers to the hitting up of the bar scene downtown - you call someone "SOB" and are NOT calling them a son of a bitch - you look at bigger people with no necks and think "man, they'd be a difficult intubation" - SpO2, MDI, SOBOE, DPI, COPD, IPPB, FiO2 and R/A all mean something to you - you DON'T encourage people to use cough medicines - you measure the amount someone smokes in pack years - you can hear the phrase "pulmonary toilet" and not laugh - you know the alveolar air equation backwards and forwards, in your sleep - you know that the "breathing tube" doesn't actually go down the "throat" per se - "pink and frothy" no longer describes that strawberry shake you had for lunch - "blue bloater/pink puffer" means something to you - you realize people really have no clue how to use an Aerochamber - you get paged to use a "vibrator" while at work, and it's perfectly acceptable and even requested by staff and patients - you can measure someone's RR just by walking by the patient - you've been shot by an uncovered trach - you know there's an "H", a "G" and no "F" in phlegm - you call it a "ventilator", not a "respirator" - you measure things by color, consistancy and smell - you know "BiPAP" doesn't involve a smear - A/C no longer stands for "air-conditioning" - you take the best damn care of any patient
5 comments:
Don't tell EE. :-)
Did you do head percussion?
Haha...Good one...head percussion...haha...I'm gonna see how many patients need that therapy tomorrow. I'll let you know.
I'm wondering if a family practice resident or a hospitalist admitted that patient.
They'll admit for anything. I've seen "Near Syncope" (almost fainting??) and "Suspected Vertigo" (suspect the patient is dizzy) this past week.
Haha.
Dumbasses.
Ok, but what if they are hyperemetic and they are really, really sick and scared? What else is the patient supposed to do? When the puking results in blood- yeah, I know, it's just tears in the stomach lining, but they don't know that. Be nice to the poor hyperemtic mamas. I used to be one of them.
Post a Comment