news is making it out to be...at least here. It has been breaking news
all day. Even Oprah was cancelled. Is it because we are so close to
celebrities and money? God forbid something might happen to Britney's
house.
I was doing a vent check on an obese, stinky, copder who smoked her
way back on a vent. I had this sort of weird dizzy spell. I looked at
the iv pole and noticed it was swaying. That's when I realized I
wasn't dizzy and it was a pretty good earthquake.
Shit, I don't wanna be crushed to death with this stinky lady.
So, I bolted to the nurses station. If I'm gonna die here, then I'm
going with my favorite icu nurse.
Well, it didn't get stronger. We all survived & changed the tvs to the
local news station.
Yipee! An earthquake! That means my favorite seismologist Dr Kate
Hutton will be giving a press conference. And sure enough, there she
was, just like after every earthquake. She is so smart & freakin
funny. Only in California would there be a famous seismologist.
One of my dream jobs is to be a geologist, but I hate dirty hands. A
meteorologist would also be cool. A weather girl, a real one, not like
on tv, one who studies clouds, pressure systems, natural disasters.
Love to watch stuff on tornados & storm chasers. Hopefully one day I
will see a tornado with my own eyes. I know, I know, they are scary &
I would never want to be in it's path, I just want to see it in the
distance.
So there, my inner dork has escaped.
Cool day today. I secretly like earthquakes too!
4 comments:
Hey! I'm a nursing student. About to begin my 1-year accelerated BSN program, and I just added your blog to my Google reading list. I love it.
I'm from Arkansas, so I've seen a million tornadoes, but I thought it was a little ironic. You want to see a tornado & get earthquakes all the time, and I get tornadoes twice a year and when I felt the last New Madrid fault earthquake, I was overjoyed! My first earthquake!
You're better than me.
I'm petrified of tornadoes!
I was in San Francisco for the '89 earthquake. I did not realize until much later how bad it was, since the power was out and the only previous earthquake I had experienced was in NY.
I don't envy your earthquake experience. I've been through two and the ground swaying with nowhere to run isn't my idea of grand excitement. At least hurricanes give you advance warning!
Post a Comment