Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oh the pain!!!

I've given birth to 4 babies, broken my big toe playing soccer, busted
my knee playing soccer, broken my arm three times, suffer from chronic
pain which will require a hysterectomy (thanks to the crappiest doctor
ever) as soon as I work up the nerve to be cut wide open.

But last night, wow!

We went out to eat at the local yummy pizza place. The tables and
floors are a little sticky, but the pizza is awesome.

My daughter spilled her drink all over the place. As I started to
stand up, my foot slipped out from under me and right under the base
of the table. Since it doesn't really get cold in southern California,
I was wearing flip flops.

My poor index toe slid right under the table and the nail was lifted
up. I tried not to make a scene, but tears instantly welled up. Holy
crap, did it hurt. I looked down, toenail still there, but now it's
bleeding.

Now I love blood and guts, but not my own. I'm kindof freaked out, so
I just asked for a bag of ice & poured peroxide all over it when I got
home. The nail is cracked & loose, but I'm afraid to try & remove it,
so I just covered it up & took a motrin.

Oh, I know what I'll do, call 911. Then the er doc can take care of it
for me. Oh!!! Maybe I can get a shot of dilaudid too. The pain is
definetly an 11.

;)

5 comments:

MOJITOGIRL said...

OOWWWW! I feel your pain! But really, go to the ER. They can probably fast track you and have that nail removed in seconds. And it will probably hurt less than every time you jostle it with shoes or socks.

Don't you just hate stupid S****T that happens like that?

Sarah said...

I totally cringed from your story. i cannot stand toe injuries. They seem to hurt the worst!

Rick Frea said...

What you really need is a Toe-buterol treatment. Just blow the mist over the toe and...

Anonymous said...

Oooch! That sounds horrific! Seriously, my condolences, because nail stuff hurts.

Don't come to our ER, though...the docs will order albuterol times three and an arterial blood gas with a chest CT.

I hope the pizza was good, at least!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. I'll never forget the time I slammed my thumb in a car door and the nail fell off a day later. Horrible pain...