Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stupid order of the day

I got a call from a post partum nurse today.

I have a patient who needs a stat duoneb & cpt x 1.

Really?!?! 1 time?!?!

So I looked at the order and then it started to make sense.

It was ordered by an obgyn for her pt who had a cough.

So, I did it...her breath sounds went from clear to clear, spo2 from
100 to 100%...I think you get the picture.

This was one of those days where I felt like I made a difference. ;)

6 comments:

Yo mama! said...

That's what I call a free facial and massage!

I just love those orders...it's what I call job security.

cwjsmama said...

Heidi -- you're right. I was looking at it all wrong. Thanks.

Sarah said...

I have many, many days like that where I just KNOW I've made a difference...hopefully those days will change soon as I have a new job announcement coming up!

Rogue Medic said...

Another save!

If you slap them across the face, that also may discourage coughing in the presence of the ob/gyn. Hey, it almost worked for Patton.

word verification - pimpjibe :-)

I don't know if my computer is getting smarter, or just more arrogant.

Rick Frea said...

You made a big difference in that kid's life. You blessed him with your version of Holy Water.

Unknown said...

Amazing the different talents of RT's, now a Massage Therapist.