My best friend lives outside of Raliegh....they love it. There are tons of healthcare jobs in the area...she's always trying to get me to move. Wake Med and Duke seem to always be hiring.
NC is a nice state. Never lived there but we have family there and I've spent some time visiting. Mild climate, lots of stuff to do...I'd be jealous, frankly.
I worked ER as a traveller at Duke Raleigh for a while. Smaller community hospital, but a good working environment. Cost of living is very inexpensive, esp after living in Southern California (I also worked in San Diego)
Good place to raise a family. Healthcare doesn't pay nearly as much as other states...but with the lower cost of living, it makes it worthwhile.
- "clubbing" no longer refers to the hitting up of the bar scene downtown - you call someone "SOB" and are NOT calling them a son of a bitch - you look at bigger people with no necks and think "man, they'd be a difficult intubation" - SpO2, MDI, SOBOE, DPI, COPD, IPPB, FiO2 and R/A all mean something to you - you DON'T encourage people to use cough medicines - you measure the amount someone smokes in pack years - you can hear the phrase "pulmonary toilet" and not laugh - you know the alveolar air equation backwards and forwards, in your sleep - you know that the "breathing tube" doesn't actually go down the "throat" per se - "pink and frothy" no longer describes that strawberry shake you had for lunch - "blue bloater/pink puffer" means something to you - you realize people really have no clue how to use an Aerochamber - you get paged to use a "vibrator" while at work, and it's perfectly acceptable and even requested by staff and patients - you can measure someone's RR just by walking by the patient - you've been shot by an uncovered trach - you know there's an "H", a "G" and no "F" in phlegm - you call it a "ventilator", not a "respirator" - you measure things by color, consistancy and smell - you know "BiPAP" doesn't involve a smear - A/C no longer stands for "air-conditioning" - you take the best damn care of any patient
8 comments:
I can tell you about Michigan, but not NC.
Too much snow in michigan. I don't think us from southern California would do too well. 50 degrees is freezing to us.
I used to live in Virginia and drive to NC. There is a lot to do there, fun State if you like the outdoors.
My best friend lives outside of Raliegh....they love it. There are tons of healthcare jobs in the area...she's always trying to get me to move. Wake Med and Duke seem to always be hiring.
I live in NC and am going to RT school. Theres lot of opportunities. What do you want to know? Where are you planning on moving?
NC is a nice state. Never lived there but we have family there and I've spent some time visiting. Mild climate, lots of stuff to do...I'd be jealous, frankly.
Where in NC?
I live in the foothills, did RT here and now nursing.
Lots and lots of green, plenty of lakes, streams, creeks.
Skiing to the west, beaches to the east.
I worked ER as a traveller at Duke Raleigh for a while. Smaller community hospital, but a good working environment. Cost of living is very inexpensive, esp after living in Southern California (I also worked in San Diego)
Good place to raise a family. Healthcare doesn't pay nearly as much as other states...but with the lower cost of living, it makes it worthwhile.
Post a Comment