'nobody' to 'rich and famous'.
I went to high school with a now famous politician. A semi famous
model. A few pro football players. An awesome pro baseball player who
is the pride & joy of my high school. I saw Gwen Stephani of No Doubt
once at a Japanese resturant in the oc. I saw Mark McGuire once at the
gym.
I also was friends with Travis Barker of Blink 182 way before he was
famous. I haven't seen or talked to him in 10 years or so, so I can't
say we are friends, but we were & I am concerned & worried.
He was just in a plane crash in South Carolina & is now in a burn
center in Augusta, GA in critical, but stable condition. 4 died, 2
survived.
When I worked at Big University Hospital, they had the only burn unit
in the county. My least favorite place to work, BICU. Holding an ETT
during hydro is torture for me. I can't stand the smell & the torture
the patients go through. Unbearable A burn nurse has my uttmost
respect. I could never do what they do.
Anyways, the long road ahead Travis now has ahead of him. I have seen
it. My heart breaks for him & his family.
If any of you work where he is at, I know, I know, hipaa, blah, blah.
Take good care of him.
This 'nobody' RT wishes she could take care of her former 'nobody'
friend.
1 comment:
I hope he recovers well. The tub room is probably the hardest place for us to work too. A necessary evil though.
Hopefully his docs and nurses are good and snow him well enough that he has little memory of that torture.
Best wishes.
K
Post a Comment