have been home today, curled up on the couch with a glass of water and
Breaking Dawn.
Finally, I am finished. I loved this 'saga'. It didn't end as I was
expecting when I first started, but all-in-all, I have completly
enjoyed the countless hours I have neglected my husband, my 3 kids, my
house & my patients, reading this series.
I don't want to say anything specific because I know there are a few
of you that are currently reading it.
Now back to real life, I have some laundry to catch up on.
2 comments:
Spoiler alert, yo!
I enjoyed reading this whole series, and I definitely couldn't stop reading Breaking Dawn. I finished in one marathon 10 hour session. That being said, I can't decided if I'm disappointed or not about the actual content. Everything seemed like it wrapped up a little too nicely. No one fights, no one sacrifices anything, no one ends up unhappy - even the issue with her parents works out okay, and I was expecting there to at least be some literary heartbreak there. After crying myself to sleep while reading Harry Potter, this just doesn't carry the same emotional weight.
Either way though, it was fun reading and I'll give it another read in a week or two and let it soak in again. I'll probably like it much better the second time through.
I really was hoping for something more than 'happily ever after'. I do love this, but was hoping for some good fighting or something tragic.
Now let's hope the movie will be half as good as Twilight is. That one I read in 1 marathon session.
Post a Comment