closer to home. To save 3+ hours of drive time. To be able to spend
more time with my family. To save money on gas and wear & tear on my
car. All perfectly good reasons to work at a hospital 10 minutes away.
Today I regret that decision. I want an oscillator to manage. I want
to give surfactant. I want the rush of hurrying down the hall for a
crash section. I want the uneasiness of picking up a baby from another
hospital and not really knowing what you are gonna get. I want a baby
who constantly desats. I want 24 week twins. I want to make
decisions. I want to tell residents what I'm going to do. I want a
gastroscheisis. I want bncpap. I want NO. I want to do a PDA ligation.
I even want to see the attending. I want to be so busy I could just
cry. Where my legs cramp at night because I haven't sat down all day.
I guess I'm just feeling inadequate today at my new hospital. No
preemies here to take care of. No comfort zone for me. I don't know
how to manage an adult with a cuffless track on a vent. I don't know
how to do cpt on an adult. I don't know about Brovana. I don't like
taking care of old people. I don't like giving report to the whole
group.
But on the flip side, I guess I am getting good at chest compressions.
I am getting good at breathing treatments. I am getting good at EKGs.
I am getting good at sudoku & crossword puzzles. I am getting good at
sitting around doing absolutely nothing most of the day. Like right
now. I'm at work and have plenty of time to sit and blog on my phone.
Sent from my iPhone
1 comment:
Hmmm, sounds kind of like where I work. It would be nice to have a challenge, but that would meana loooonggggg drive and lots of wasted time.
Post a Comment